Insurance Basics | Risk Coach Resources

How Much Home Coverage Do I Need?

What type of homeowners insurance coverage do you need? Property coverage can enable you to repair, rebuild, or replace your house. A property loss doesn't have to mean a financial loss, whether it's a dwelling, other structure, or your own personal property. Homeowners insurance from Electric Insurance also offers:

  • Loss of Use coverage to pay for temporary housing, when needed.
  • A Special Form policy to cover a wide variety of perils including fire, theft, and ice dams.
  • Extra coverage for computers, high value jewelry, and even for areas prone to earthquakes or floods.

Personal Liability and Medical Payments to Others coverage protects you no matter where you are. Such coverage can pay medical expenses, bodily injury, and/or property damages that may be awarded against you if you are legally responsible. Any necessary court costs are also covered.

What Extra Coverage is Available?

The standard Special Form policy insures your dwelling and other structures against all risks except those excluded by the policy and your personal property against fire, lightning, wind, hail, snow, ice, explosion, smoke, theft, vandalism, falling objects, and freezing pipes*.

But some homeowners and renters face specific hazards like earthquakes and floods, while others may have valuable computer equipment, or expensive art or jewelry not covered by a standard policy. Electric Insurance offers extra coverage known as endorsements. These allow you to be very specific about what you insure and for how much.

At Electric Insurance, our experienced representatives can help you decide what and how much you need of the different types of coverage. Just call 800.342.5342.

*Disclaimer: Please consult your policy for the specific coverage provided. In the event of any conflict between the information contained herein and the policy, the policy language prevails.

Related articles:


Save up to 20%

Yes, I am a GE Employee
Retrieve a Saved Quote

  View MyAccount

MyAccount: Login/Register




Speak to an Associate

Have a question?
We want to hear it.





Want to share Electric Insurance with a friend or family member? Send us their email address and a quick message and we'll take care of the rest.


  • ABA_Gold.gif
  •  Electric Insurance Company BBB Business Review
  • AM Best A Rating

© Copyright Electric Insurance Company
75 Sam Fonzo Drive Beverly, MA 01915