Home & Safety Preparedness

Why Do I Need Condo Insurance?

< Back to contents   |   Print article

If you own a condominium, your condo association typically insures the exterior building and common property of the unit owners. While such policies typically cover the actual structure of your home, they don't cover the interior walls or your personal property.

Electric Insurance offers condo insurance to cover the interior of your condo as well as your personal property.

You may also want to consider whether you have enough loss assessment in the event you are assessed for a loss that occurs at your association. The standard condo policy provides $1,000 of coverage, however, you may purchase additional coverage by endorsement.

Related articles:


Save up to 20%

Yes, I am a GE Employee
Retrieve a Saved Quote

MyAccount: Login/Register


Related Topics



Speak to an Associate

Have a question?
We want to hear it.





Want to share Electric Insurance with a friend or family member? Send us their email address and a quick message and we'll take care of the rest.


  • The American Business Awards Winner
  •  Electric Insurance Company BBB Business Review
  • AM Best
  • Communitas Award 2010 Excellence Winner