1966 was an eventful year in the United States. The Sound of Music won the Oscar for Best Picture, The Doors made its debut album, and the Baltimore Orioles won the World Series.
It was also the year Electric Insurance Company began offering auto and home insurance to General Electric employees. While we’ve expanded our services beyond that select group, we still provide the exceptional service quality our founding principles demanded.
- We’re one of the few carriers to still offer Guaranteed Replacement Cost coverage for homeowners.1
- An almost unheard-of 99% of our claimants would renew their policies based on the way their claims were handled.2
- Our Signature Claim Service Guarantee™ for auto policies is one of very few claims guarantees in the business.3
- We’ve won multiple national awards for the quality of both our claims customer service and our standard customer service.4
It’s no wonder some of our customers have been with us for decades.
If you’re not already an Electric Insurance customer, we invite you to get to know us. Look around our site. Learn about our philosophy of putting the customer first. Check out how we go above and beyond for the customer with features like expanded emergency roadside assistance services – standard with our Towing & Labor coverage.
Call us at 800.342.5342 and see how 50 years of customer service excellence can help you stay secure.
- Guaranteed Replacement Cost coverage is available as part of the Homeowners Plus and SmartChoice homeowners policies. Exceptions may apply to certain features of the structure; applicants must meet underwriting requirements in order to qualify.
- Based on a 2015 Electric Insurance Company customer claims survey, where 99% of respondents stated they would renew their policy.
- Payments made under the Signature Claims Service Guarantee apply to a single loss covered under Collision or Comprehensive (Part D of the auto policy in all states other than MA, where it applies to Parts 7, 8, 9, and 10 of the policy) and apply no more than once per policy period. Compensation issued under the guarantee will not be considered part of any loss or settlement under the policy, nor an admission of any liability or wrongdoing on our part.
- 2015, 2013, 2012, and 2009 gold award winner: Customer Service Department of the Year, American Business AwardsSM.